Ever been in a situation where you’re so far gone you got lost? You’ll be surprised that it happens more frequently than you know it. But, the interesting thing is, you can always find your way home.
Thankfully, there are remarkable navigation apps that are built to aid you to navigate unfamiliar territories and getting back to your safe space.
3 Best GPS Navigation Apps for Android
- Google Maps
- Here We Go Maps & Navigation
Google Maps is one of the most popular navigation apps for android users. It is a default app on most android devices. With Google maps, you can search for any location in the world and the app helps you navigate to the destination.
- Real-time traffic updates and ETAs depending on traffic conditions
- Street view and indoor imagery of most locations
- Allows download for offline use
- Offers indoor maps for malls, airports, and stadiums
- App sometimes misses upcoming turns or gives wrong directions
- Cannot share on social media
- It can drain your battery
Also owned by Google, Waze is a bit more simplified than Google Maps. If you’re lost or trying to find directions to any location, you can turn to Waze for easy navigation.
This app uses crowd-sourced data to help people get to their destinations. Users on the app share real-time traffic information such as routes, traffic jams, police locations, construction, accidents, gas prices, and other helpful information to help each other navigate easily.
- Allows you to share your location on your Facebook timeline
- Gives accurate traffic-related information to help you choose the best route
- It masters frequently used routes and destinations
- Icons on the map can clutter up and block your view
- Phone battery can get drained quickly
Here We Go Maps & Navigation
This is another top navigation app for android users. It’s a great alternative to Google Maps. It is simple to use and can help you find locations across the globe. The app allows you to plan your route depending on your mode of transportation, whether bicycle, foot, or public transportation. Plus, it is free to use.
- Allows online and offline use
- You can save favorite locations in collections for quick directions later
- It allows you to share your location with others
- Offers real-time traffic information
- Ads on the app can be annoying
- Some phones don’t support full screen when using the app
- User reviews complain that some offline functions no longer work
What Is the Best GPS Navigation App for You?
If you’re wondering which of the apps mentioned above is best for you, that answer may depend on your location. Some GPS apps may not be supported in some countries. You only have to try different apps to find the one that is best in your location.